When you make your appointment to consult with a cosmetic surgeon about liposuction, be ready to ask and answer some questions. The surgeon will want to know about your medical history and discuss with you the reasons you are considering this procedure. It is important the surgeon understands what your expectations are so that you can discuss whether those results are possible from liposuction surgery. Some questions you should ask your cosmetic surgeon during your consultation include:
- What is your education, training, experience and certification level in the field of cosmetic surgery?
- What kind of results can I expect?
- What type of complications can occur from this surgery?
- Do you have examples of liposuction surgeries you performed that I can see?
- How long will it take me to recover after surgery?
It is important to get as much information as possible about your surgeon and the procedure during your consultation. You should feel confident in the experience and skill level of your surgeon; you can always choose another surgeon if you do not feel comfortable with the first one you meet. Credentials are important, but most important is the work they have performed – ask to see before and after pictures of their patients.